At the Lula W. Dorsey Museum, we collect and share history with our many guests and local community. Part of our history belongs to you, our alumni, who have called this YMCA home during your summer and winter holidays. To this end, we are always excited to welcome back alumni to the Estes Park Alumni Cabin (Purple Finch) housed on museum grounds. The memories you share help us to create a more complete picture of life at the center, and are an important part of our more than 100 year history. YMCA of the Rockies is where we make memories and build relationships.
This year, while very different from previous years, we look forward to our alumni sharing their history at the Y and we remain committed to helping alumni find joy in their visit to the museum and Alumni Cabin.
In order to protect alumni and current staff we have implemented new safety and cleaning protocols.
- The cabin is open by appointment only on weekends, during regular museum hours. Call 970-586-3341 x1136 to make an appointment.
- We require a 24 hour notice so that we can pull the material you wish to view
- Guests are limited to 8 people at a time in the cabin
- Face coverings/masks are required to enter the Alumni Archives and gloves will be provided
- Work areas will be cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival and after you leave
- Scrapbooks and photo albums will be placed in quarantine for 3 days after use to prevent the spread of the virus between guests and staff