As we all work and play from home, it’s important to explore new activities. In this special observation activity, we can test the observation skills of both kids and adults to to strengthen and create more accurate and detailed observations.
- Making observations is the key foundation for all the methods and activities scientists use to explain and understand the natural world
- Making observations is the first way that we collect data in order to interpret and make sense of scientific phenomena
- It is a skill that can be learned and improved through thoughtful instruction in outdoor settings
- Learn how to make better scientific observations
- Learn the significance and value of helping students make more accurate and detailed observations
- Learn activity routines that help refine skills in order to deepen engagement
Now, let’s use the following Observation Activities to practice our observation skills! You can do these activities right in your own backyard.