*While following recent developments in the COVID-19 crisis, and through careful consideration, leadership has made the decision to extend the closure of our YMCA of the Rockies facilities through April 30. Please note, the extended closure date means this event has unfortunately been canceled. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
YMCA of the Rockies is proud to celebrate our Earth, Arbor Day and the natural environment we call home. This April, YMCA of the Rockies is throwing a party for Earth Day and Arbor Day on April 24 -25, 2020. Join us for fun, family-friendly ecology activities.
- Planting trees – In honor of Arbor Day, we will plant two trees, one on Friday and one on Saturday.
- Habitat restoration project along Wind River – In honor of the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, participate in a habitat restoration project and learn about the ecology of riparian ecosystems.
- Bird feeders – Learn to construct your own birdfeeder from common household and recycled items!
- Birding – Observe and learn about our local winter bird species.
- Interpretive nature hikes – Take a guided hike and visit a montane ecosystem.
- Bear awareness and safety talk – As bears begin emerging from their dens, learn what you can do to protect them and yourselves.
- Earth Day bingo and trivia – Come play Bingo and Trivia and win special environmentally friendly prizes!
- Home composting lesson and demonstration – Build a worm composting system and enter in a drawing to win the completed system!
During your stay with us, explore our Conservation Easement from the many (pet-friendly!) hiking trails that weave throughout the easement. In 2019, YMCA of the Rockies donated over 127 acres of land to preserve open space along its border with Rocky Mountain National Park. Learn more about the dedication of the Conservation Easement.
Make your reservation today by booking online or by calling 888-613-9622! Cabins start at $109/night and lodge room start at $119 a night (Lodge room reservations include two free breakfasts)