Over the river and through the woods, to Snow Mountain Ranch we go! This year, make new holiday memories with us as we debut our Christmas Tree Cutting Experience. Why wait to celebrate the holidays when you can spread Christmas cheer all December long? Help us sustainably manage our forests while also making lasting memories!
Snow Mountain Ranch will be hosting holiday-themed events throughout the month of December, starting with the Christmas Tree Cutting Experience on Nov. 30 – Dec. 1, then the following weekends of Dec. 7 – 8, and Dec. 14 – 15. Tree Cutting hours will be from 2pm to 4 pm on Saturdays, and 9:30 am to 12pm on Sundays.
Start your day with a Holiday activity as noted on the weekly activity guide to get you in the Christmas spirit. After you’ve gotten the holiday creativity flowing, gather your loved ones and set off on an adventure through the Snow Mountain Ranch forest to find the perfect Christmas tree. All you have to bring is your Christmas spirit, we’ll provide the rest!
Snow Mountain Ranch will provide hand saws and twine so you can cut down your tree, then strap it to your car. You’re welcome to bring your own tools, however chainsaws and other electric tools are prohibited.
It’s not too late to plan your holiday getaway! Stay with us and cut your tree for free! Or, make it a day trip. Day visitors can purchase a day pass with a $25 tree-cutting add-on. Day passes include access to the craft shop so you can create holiday cards, ornaments, or Christmas cookies, depending on each day’s activity schedule.
So, grab your friends, grab your family, and plan a weekend winter wonderland getaway to Snow Mountain Ranch.
When you make your reservation, be sure to mention that you are coming for the Christmas Tree Cutting Experience.
For more details, check out our events calendar!
- Guest can ONLY cut lodgepole pines. If you have questions about a tree, please ask the Snow Mountain Ranch staff
- Snow Mountain Ranch will provide handsaws and ropes.
- Guests must tie their own trees down.
- Guests are welcome to bring their own tools however, chainsaws and any electric equipment IS NOT PERMITTED.
- The cutting area will be in the forest between the library and the dog park. If you have any questions, please ask the Snow Mountain Ranch staff for guidance.
- Guests are welcome to park in the Library parking lot.
TREE CUTTING TICKET
- Guests will receive a tree cutting ticket upon lodging check in or upon the purchase of an activity day pass.
- Guests must check in with Snow Mountain Ranch Staff at the Library parking lot check-in booth.
- Guests will exchange the tree cutting ticket for a ribbon to mark your tree upon cutting. Guests must tie the ribbon onto their trees after cutting to be checked by Snow Mountain Ranch staff.