During our Specialty Camps, kids have the opportunity to develop a greater passion for something they already love, or to learn something new! These camps are a week-long experience for campers focusing on activities in one specific area. Kids will spend about 2 hours a day in their specialized activity while the remainder of the day is spent enjoying traditional camp activities.
This summer, we have spots open in the following camps:
- Fairy Tale Camp (July 22-26) Grade Levels: 1-3 – Campers let their imaginations soar in this magical fairy tale-themed arts and crafts camp! Participates make dragon and fairy wings, prince and princess crowns, wands, jewel, fairy tale puppets and more. Campers will also enjoy a special tea party!
- Music and Dance Camp (July 22-26) Grade Levels: 1-3 | 4-6 – Campers get to dance and make music throughout the week to their heart’s content! All skill levels are encouraged to join us for this fun week.
- Outpost Camp (July 22-26) Grade Levels: 5-8 – Outpost is for the camper excited for a week-long outdoor adventure where you choose your challenges and interests while creating friendships, sharing group experiences, building leadership, and exploring the Rocky Mountain environment using Leave No Trace ethics. Activities include horseback riding, hiking, ropes course, climbing, swimming, scavenger hunts, crafts, meal planning and campfire cooking, survival and camping skills, a song and skit performance, and night exploration.
- Backpacking Camp (July 22-26, Ages 13- 15) & (July 29-Aug 2, 15-17) – Spend the first two days of the week learning all the skills necessary to enjoy living out of a backpack in the Rocky Mountains. Then embark on a 3 day, 2 night backpacking trip in Rocky Mountain National Park learning more about yourself than any other experience in your life!
- Nature Camp (July 29-Aug 2) Grade Levels: 1-3 – Young nature lovers will enjoy the great outdoors of the Rocky Mountains. Campers will learn to use that nature provides as they build outdoor shelters. They will learn about the wildlife around the area, while hiking the trails and exploring the pond and what it has to offer as well as going into Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Arts and Crafts Camp (Aug 5-10) Grade Levels: 1-3 | 4-6 – Campers discover their artistic side and let their imagination soar. Kids create through a variety of projects such as: clay sculpture, sketching, watercolors or paints, nature collages, papier mâché, picture frames, necklaces, bracelets, and so much more. Campers create masterpieces to take home and enjoy!
Don’t miss out on the perfect summer adventure! We have spaces available in any of these speciailty camps and in some of the regular Day Camp sessions. Click here to register now!
For more information call 970-586-3341 x 1280, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit ymcarockies.org/summer-day-camp.