Searching for a quick getaway from the city? Looking for a place that’s close by and has something for the whole family? Maybe a weekend getaway that allows you to be back at work on Monday, but still has the kids talking about it for weeks? Look no further. YMCA of the Rockies is your ultimate family adventure destination.
Fill up your tank before you hit the road and then don’t worry about it again! YMCA of the Rockies is the perfect one tank trip. Getting here and back to the Denver area on one tank of gas is a breeze, saving you money, time, and 8-hour car rides with anxious kids. YMCA of the Rockies offers breath-taking views, and activities for every age and ability, making it the perfect quick trip for the entire family.
Sure, you’re only a couple hours away, but with a carful of kiddos that can be plenty. Ten minutes into the drive and they’re already asking “are we there yet?”. Don’t worry, we’ve come up with a few road trip games to keep them busy. Before they know it, you’ll be in the beautiful Rocky Mountains!
- I Spy – A classic. One person starts by saying “I spy with my little eye, something… (“beginning with” or a color)” then the others try to guess what it is.
- Don’t Say It – At the beginning of the trip choose five words that no one is allowed to say the whole drive. If a person says one of those words they gain a point! The person with the least points at the end of the car ride is the winner.
- 20 Questions – One person thinks of a person/animal/object (pretty much anything) and the rest of the passengers have to take turns asking questions. For example: Can it fly? Is this something I can eat?
- Singalong – Who doesn’t love a good singalong? Turn the radio up and join in together. Another way to spice this up is to have one person start singing the lyrics of a song and the others have to guess it and singalong until it’s finished.
- Storytime – One person starts telling a story by saying just one sentence. The next person then continues with one more sentence. Continue adding to the story and see how creative and funny you can make it!
So, it’s settled, right? Go gather the kids, fill the gas tank, and we’ll see you soon at the YMCA of the Rockies!