YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch Announce New Features for 2018 Summer Season
Affordable family resorts offer unplugged Colorado experiences
YMCA of the Rockies today announced new features for the 2018 summer season.
Each summer, YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch draw families from near and far for the fresh mountain air, comfortable lodging and fun on-site activities for all ages—even grandparents. Without ever leaving the property, families enjoy taking archery lessons together, designing mosaics in the craft centers, playing miniature golf or tennis, rock climbing with skilled instructors, and of course the Snow Mountain Ranch summer tubing hill. For the adventurous, there are also fly fishing lessons, mountain bike rentals, and horseback riding.Guests choose from hotel-style lodge rooms with common areas or pet-friendly private cabins, and meals are served daily in a buffet-style dining hall. Snow Mountain Ranch also features yurts and campsites in the summer months. Many families host reunions or group retreats during the summer, with several multi-bedroom cabins and larger reunion cabins that sleep up to 88 guests in 17 bedrooms. Most lodge rooms and cabins do not have televisions, providing a truly unplugged experience for everyone involved.
“Our guests appreciate a summer vacation where they don’t have to plan activities or meals, whether that means they’re enrolling their children in our Summer Day Camps so mom and dad can enjoy a longer hike together in Rocky Mountain National Park, or they’re simply taking part in our lively drum circles and campfire s’mores on the main lawn after dinner,” said Lisa Neujahr, Director of Marketing, YMCA of the Rockies. “We enjoy bringing families together so all ages can participate in numerous activities. There’s truly something for everyone.”
- The new Boone Family Mountain Center at Estes Park Center provides a base camp for nature, environmental and high-adventure activities for families this summer. In addition to housing an interactive nature center and two-story climbing wall, the Mountain Center also serves as the staging and information area for fishing, mountain biking, archery, and the zip line.
- A brand-new 370-foot-long zip line stretching through the beautiful Ponderosa Pines at Estes Park Center.
- New Teen Backpacking Camps designed for teens ages 13-15 years old during the weeks of July 9-13 and July 30 – August 3, 2018 at Estes Park Center. The camps feature three-day backpacking trips in Rocky Mountain National Park, where teens learn to cook their own meals, set up tents and use water purification systems.
- Climb, slide, hop and zip through the exciting new Spruce Saddle Adventure Zone at Snow Mountain Ranch. The playground is packed with opportunities for adventure including a pendulum swing, (similar to a seesaw, but in swing form), small zip line, twisted log ladder, bouldering wall, a number of climbing structures and more.
- Hanging with Huskies – Meet some of the members of the Snow Mountain Ranch dogsled team and play with them in the new dog park – free for overnight guests and day pass holders.
- Mondays and Fridays – 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. sessions
- June 11 – September 3
- Lollygagging with Llamas – learn the basics of packing a llama efficiently and explore some of the more than 5,100 acres across Snow Mountain Ranch, with a pack llama. Dates offered:
- June 16 & 30
- July 14 & 28
- August 11
Holidays and celebrations
- Summerfest Concerts featuring live free music on select nights at Estes Park Center
- The Fourth of July Parade at Estes Park Center featuring floats and costumes, as well as live music.
- Square Dancing at Snow Mountain Ranch:Grab a partner and do-si-do. It’s ok if you don’t know how to dance- Bob Gaunt, the square dance caller, will instruct you along the way.
- Medicine Walker:Hear legends of the past from a great story-teller and true mountain man at Snow Mountain Ranch.
- HawkQuest: See and learn about live birds of prey in this fun, informational presentation at Snow Mountain Ranch.
- Both locations host summer day camps for children ages 3-18 daily Monday through Friday from early June through mid-August starting at just $32/day at Estes Park Center and $30/day at Snow Mountain Ranch.
Lodging, activity and Day Camp reservations are available to YMCA members and the general public at www.ymcarockies.org or www.snowmountainranch.org. MEDIA: Photos are available for download via Dropbox here.
About the YMCA of the Rockies: YMCA of the Rockies puts Christian Principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. To learn more about the YMCA of the Rockies and Snow Mountain Ranch, visit www.ymcarockies.org and www.snowmountainranch.org.