Christmas at the YMCA of the Rockies is a very special time of year. Imagine sitting by the fire with your family, sharing stories, playing board games and enjoying time together. Snow whispers outside the windows, blanketing the Pines and capping the mountain tops. The clouds break and the stars shine through just as they did for the three wise men traveling to Bethlehem. Christmas at the Y is a very special time indeed. It is a time to relax, enjoy the ones you love and remember what is important.
Families who spend Christmas at the Y appreciate the variety of holiday activities and events, including holiday worship, crafts, hikes and even a visit from Santa himself!
Some of the activities families can partake in are:
- Christmas Crafts
- Cookie Decorating
- Snowshoe Hikes
- Star Lab
Guests staying on grounds can expect a visit (if they so choose) from Santa Claus himself! That’s right, Santa visits the Y too! On Christmas Eve, if you’re staying in a cabin you can drop presents off with the programs department and Santa will bring them right to your door.
Iron Thumb (mountain stories) will be performing at The Legett Day Camp Building on Friday Dec. 27th at 7PM.
There will also be a concert by YMCA’s own folk legend Cowboy Brad on Saturday Dec. 28th 7PM at the Hempel building.
Worship Events include:
- Sunday December 22nd, 10am in Hyde Chapel – service on Matthew 1:18-25 The LOVE of Mary & Joseph
- Sunday, December 22nd, 4pm in Hyde Chapel – Christmas Variety Show – Come enjoy some fun and fellowship as the YMCA staff showcase their talent in this Christmas variety show. Then join us for a dessert reception with hot chocolate and hot apple cider.
- Tuesday, December 24 at 5pm Hyde Chapel – Service of lessons and Carols
- Tuesday, December 24th 11pm in Hyde Chapel – Candlelight Communion Service
- No service on Christmas Day
For dinner make your own Christmas feast in your cabin kitchen, or come down the Aspen Dining hall to celebrate with us and cut into a Christmas Ham on our all-you-can-eat Christmas buffet.
There are still cabins available for Christmas, but book soon because they are sure to sell out. With HWY 36 open and HWY 34 opening today, making it up to Estes Park has never been easier. To book your stay, call 888-613-9622 or visit http://www.ymcarockies.org
However you choose to spend Christmas, we wish everyone the closeness of family, the peacefulness of nature and best wishes for the New Year.